Sunday, September 11, 2011

On-line Planbook

What is it?
PlanbookEdu is an on-line planbook that allows you to edit your plans from anywhere you have computer access.  You can choose your schedule type, so it works for all levels K-12.  It is also very simple to use.  You can use & edit the free version.  There is also a $25 per year cost that allows you to use a variety of other features.  Such as: printing your schedule, sharing your planbook with a colleague, attaching files to your plans and having the Common Core State Standards easily searchable within your lessons.

How could I use it?
As a teacher, changes in your weekly schedule happen...often.  It never fails that as soon as I have my schedule set, printed and beautiful I get notice that one of my specials has been changed.  PlanbookEdu allows you to quickly and easily make changes.  I also like the feature of attaching documents, as like most teachers, I do a lot of additional work at home.  In addition, the shared feature allows you to share plans with another teacher, so if you are so sick you cannot even make it to work to make plans...you still have a way to get your lessons to school.  Finally, even though we aren't using the CCSS yet, it is coming, and the feature that allows you to designate a standard to your lesson is very easy to navigate and use.

1 comment:

  1. I'm assuming PlanbookEdu content would not be available to the public. I was wondering if you (or other public school teachers) have thoughts on the benefit of putting lesson plans on a password protected site. I'm interested in why teachers don't just start a free "blog" type site and manage their content on something like this blogspot or other platform. That way, virtually anybody could see the lesson plans and sharing would be fluid - which I see as extremely beneficial.

    ReplyDelete