Saturday, January 28, 2012

KHPS - Thing 6 (Diverse Learning)

I reviewed the "audio text" section of the Using Technology to Support Diverse Learners page.  I reviewed the "digital text" section in hopes of finding some good research tools.  I found a few search engines that I hadn't otherwise known about.  One that I intend to use with my students is kidsclick.  Kidsclick is very user friendly, and uses sites that have already been checked for accuracy.  It has several ways to search, which makes it very easy to use.

I also looked around on the "audio" section in hopes of finding some good resources for a student who is about to enter my classroom.  She speaks almost no English, and no one in our school speaks Korean (her primary language).  I intend to use some of the speaking features on the computer to help us communicate.  One feature I intend to use is google translate.


No comments:

Post a Comment